Essendon Airport is located 10km (a 25 minute drive) from the CBD. The Essendon Airport Terminal is located at 72 Hargrave Avenue and transport options include:
Melbourne Airport Shuttle
This free and fast transfer service is available to all Fly Corporate passengers:
- To Melbourne Airport – the bus meets all Fly Corporate arrivals at the terminal front door, allow 15 minutes for the transfer to Melbourne Airport.
- From Melbourne Airport – call 03 9190 1234 between 6am and 10pm to arrange your pick-up, meet opposite the main terminal and Park Royal Hotel, bus drop off zone Area L (group and charters lane).
- The shuttle also stops at Hyatt Place Hotel at Essendon Airport.
Please advise check-in staff before departure to Essendon Airport if you require the Melbourne Airport shuttle.
City Centre Shuttle
The Starbus City Shuttle operates on a pre-booking basis. $20 per person to Federation Square and Victoria Market. Please advise check-in staff before departure to Essendon Airport if you require the Starbus City Shuttle or book directly here.
Essendon Airport has three car rental companies located within the terminal:
- Hertz call: 13 30 39. Open Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm, Saturday 9am – 10am and 4.30pm – 5.30pm and Sunday 2pm – 5.30pm.
- Avis call: 03 9299 5560. Open Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm, Saturday 8am – 12pm and Sunday 8am – 12pm.
- Budget call: 03 9299 5561. Open Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm, Saturday 8am – 12pm and Sunday 8am – 12pm.
- Parking for visitors is available for up to 2 hours free of charge (check signs for details).
- Long term car parking is available for $8.80 a day, the cheapest city airport parking in Australia (located adjacent to the main terminal, southern end).
- Are you a frequent visitor? Customers of Fly Corporate are eligible to purchase a six month permit.
All cars should be booked in advance with your chosen hire company. Cars can be picked up during the hours above. Key drop off is available at any time during terminal operating hours.
Taxi / Uber
Allow a 15 minute drive to the City centre in usual traffic. A taxi rank is located outside the main terminal. To arrange a taxi please phone 131 008 or for arriving flights let your Crew know so it can be waiting on arrival. For Wheelchair accessible Taxis please call (03) 9277 3877. Average taxi fare costs (estimates based on the government’s standard fares) from the Airport to City centre – $39 (including tollway fees) or to Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine) – $21. Essendon Airport welcomes Uber drivers – the Terminal Building address is 72 Hargrave Avenue.
Train / Tram
Essendon Station is less than 10 minutes’ drive and can be reached by:
- Tram Service 59 (stop 56 on Earl Street, Airport West).
- A free Shuttle Bus operates from English Street to Essendon Station on weekdays departing on the half hour between 7.15am to 9.30am and 4.15pm to 6.30pm (no service on Victorian public holidays).
Tram Service 59 leaves from Stop 56 on Earl Street, Airport West to Elizabeth Street in the CBD every 8 minutes. Stop 56 is a 8 minute walk from the main terminal via Bristol Street.
Hyatt Place Hotel
This new hotel at Essendon Airport offers a more contemporary take on the traditional Hyatt brand and as the first Hyatt Place Hotel in Australia with 166 rooms, restaurant and bar, a 24/7 fitness centre and an adjacent events centre. Learn more here.